Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Dream and Passion

When talking about startups, Dream and Passion are two words used often. Sometimes I wonder how many people truly understand the meaning of these words.

I am following upcoming US elections keenly. Obama is sometimes compared with the great Martin Luther King. I never got a chance to hear any of them personally (unfortunately!), but that got me curious about King and I stumbled upon this video of King's famous "I have a dream" speech delivered on 28th August 1963. Watching him delivering this speech, one gets a feeling of what Dream and Passion actually mean, and I felt I have been almost misusing these words so far!

Truly inspiring stuff.



You can get the full text of this speech at http://usinfo.state.gov/infousa/government/overview/38.html
(scroll down a bit)

No comments: